We use our business litigation experience to assist clients in resolving complex disputes
Representing businesses and companies in Tennessee and Georgia
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you will encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you need assistance to resolve. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract or if claims of unfair practices have been made against your business, it is crucial that you contact an effective lawyer. At the Law Office of Gary L. Henry, we represent business owners in the Chattanooga area and across Tennessee and Georgia. Though we will seek to settle disputes to save your company both time and expense, we are prepared to assert your rights at trial.
Handling all types of breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors, or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence, and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies we can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract or law expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
At the Law Office of Gary L. Henry, we are committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Negotiating from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves both time and money. We will work strategically to leverage your legal advantages and negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. We understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. We will help clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation where possible.
Pressing for your rights in court
If litigation becomes necessary, we will build a strong case for presentation to the court. In addition to breach of contract, the possible legal actions that may be brought against a business are wide-ranging and can include complaints from employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, we will provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your bottom line.
Contact a dependable business litigator
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, or you are accused of a wrongful action, it is essential to seek skilled legal representation as soon as possible. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Please contact the Law Office of Gary L. Henry at (423) 521-0549 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.