We assist clients with divorce and parenting matters
Providing a wide-range of services for individuals and families in the Chattanooga area
Whether you are going through a divorce, looking to adopt, or facing another legal issue close to home, the Law Office of Gary L. Henry will seek solutions to your legal problems that protect your interests and loved ones. Parents and divorcing spouses in the Chattanooga area and throughout Tennessee enlist our help to overcome some of life's most difficult challenges, and we take pride in delivering quality representation.
Advocating for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, the Law Office of Gary L. Henry provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. We can help you with matters including:
- Child support — We will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — We advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety. We assert clients' parental rights to make decisions about how children are raised.
- Adoption — We assist clients who seek to add children to their families through adoption. We handle the legalities of this sometimes frustrating process so that you can concentrate on preparing for your new family member.
In all of these matters, we provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Focused attention on divorce, alimony, and property division matters
Though divorce should never be a married couple’s first option, it is at times an unavoidable choice. At the Law Office of Gary L. Henry, we help clients end their marriage with as little stress as possible. But when disagreements can’t be resolved, we won’t hesitate to advocate for your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, we provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — We will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, we will help you seek the best possible settlement or judgment for spousal support payments.
- Property division — We will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We draft and review comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
You may find that mediation helps you and your spouse achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property, and finances. If mediation proves unproductive, however, we will represent your best interests in court.
Contact a dedicated family law attorney
The legal representation you choose will play an important role in shaping the terms of your divorce, adoption or other family law matter. Call the Law Office of Gary L. Henry at (423) 521-0549 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.